Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Narrative prose, without adjectives.

"Hey you!" I heard a yell towards my direction. I turned around and saw a youngster glaring at me. I was frightened while he menaced at me. He stepped towards me, and I broke out in sweat.
"Give me your phone!" He blurted at me. I was stunned for a moment. I shook my head and refused to oblige. The youngster glared at me for a second, and then lost his cool. He charged at me swiftly, and delivered a punch into my cheek. I fell backwards, dazed by the impact. My cheek was engulfed in pain. I felt like I was about to die... Then all became dark.
Where was I? I thought to myself. I woke up on a bed, in a place familiar to me. I could hear birds chirping and trees rustling. Suddenly, I heard footsteps. It was coming closer towards me. I panicked, a my memory of my previous experience flashed through my mind. I saw the silhouette of a person. I screamed out loud in terror. Then, I realised it was my mother.
She then told me what had happened. It turned out that it was a just a dream. However, my phone was nowhere to be found. Till this day, I am still unable to explain this circumstance...

No comments:

Post a Comment