Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tongue Twisters

In Language Arts class, I had learnt poetry and one of its components is tongue twisters. Tongue Twisters are like poems but there are a lot of rhyming words which requires you to 'twist' the tongue in order to recite it fluently.

Here are a few examples:

a) How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
And chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would
If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

b)I cannot bear to see a bear
Bear down upon a hare.
When bare of hair he strips the hare,
Right there I cry, "Forbear!"

c)I need not your needles, they're needless to me;
For kneading of noodles, 'twere needless, you see;
But did my neat knickers but need to be kneed,
I then should have need of your needles indeed.

You can see more at this link

Meanwhile, I am preparing the first tongue twister for this Friday's lesson.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment